Little Reminders: Keep Going

September 21, 2015

Photo: Pinterest

Let's be honest; life can be tough. Whether it's doing poorly on an exam or simply having "one of those days", there are times when life just downright sucks and all you want to do is crawl into bed and hide from the world. Believe me, I know; I feel you 1000%. 

Over the summer I applied for an internship with a company that I admire. They were part of the fashion and retail industry, which is where I would love to work in the future. I was confident that, if I got the internship, it would be a significant step forward in achieving my dreams. Unfortunately, I was not one of the lucky ones and although I knew my chances of being chosen weren't very high, nonetheless I was still completely gutted. 

Now, I don't know about you, but personally there's nothing more difficult than getting back up after being knocked down. After learning that I would not have a chance to intern with this amazing, amazing company, there was a moment where I felt like giving up on my dream; it felt like I'd hit a dead end and the only question on my mind was "Now what?". But then another thought emerged: the road to becoming who you want to be isn't an easy one. It's going to be riddled with a lot of triumph and a lot, a lot, of rejection. It'll suck at times, but in the end when you are where you want to be, your meandering journey will be so worth it. 

When life sucker punches you in the stomach, it's easy to want to give up. But don't let one setback keep you from chugging along. Let this be a reminder for both you and I to keep going; slowly, but surely we are getting to where we want to be. I believe in you and I am rooting for you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments