Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

January 02, 2016

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday season! Normally for Christmas, my family just stays at home, but this year we travelled up to Boston to spend it at my aunt and uncle's house. I rarely see my cousins, so it was wonderful to be able to catch up with them about their lives and play video games and mahjong. During this trip, I realized just how precious family is and how important it is to make the most of the time you have with them; I sincerely hope that you all had the blessing of being surrounded by family and friends this season.






As soon as I came home from Boston, I had to pack again and hop on a plane to St. Louis, Missouri for Urbana '15. For those of you who are unfamiliar, Urbana is a five day missions conference for college students that occurs every three years. People who had attended in previous years encouraged me to go, saying that Urbana quite literally changed their lives; so naturally I had to go and see what all the hype was about. 

While I didn't come away from Urbana feeling like my life had been turned upside down, it was still such an enjoyable experience. To be able to worship and learn alongside 16,000 of my brothers and sisters in Christ was such a privilege and blessing. I will be writing a few posts on what I learned there, but to briefly summarize these five days, it was overwhelming, challenging, and sometimes even uncomfortable, but in the most beautiful and beneficial way possible. 







All of Urbana's sessions and seminars took up a large portion of my time, but on the last day I was able to go visit the famous Arch with my friends. The wait to get into the Arch was long and excruciatingly cold, I lost all feeling in my limbs at one point, but believe me when I tell you that the view was worth it. We timed our trip so that we would get to the top of the Arch right as the sun was setting and were rewarded with a breathtaking view of the St. Louis cityscape at night. 





I ended 2015 in the best way; worshipping God with 16,000 members of my spiritual family. It was a beautiful way to celebrate all that God had taught and done for us over the week as well as all of 2015. As I danced and sang with my brothers and sisters in different languages, I got a taste of exactly what heaven would be like; and if it's anything like what I experienced, it's going to be awesome.



I'm on a plane back home to New Jersey as I type this and the view from my window is so breathtaking. Seeing how minuscule the world looks from up above just reminds me of how great God is and how even though sometimes things may seem overwhelming, he is always in control.



 2015 has been a time of exponential growth and Jesus has done so many wonderful things for me. I'm looking forward to seeing what he has in store for me in 2016. Happy New Year's everybody!

You Might Also Like

0 comments